Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz) - Bella Street

One of my status updates on this book says that I can't decide whether this book is charming or annoying. Having finished it, I'm still not sure.

In 1813, Emily Musgrave is being banished from her Cornwall home to a London convent for being too "wanton" (she kissed two different Irish servants). Problem the first: no convents in London during that time. There were one each in York, Storrington, Hertfordshire and Taunton ... but not London. So, there's that. But, of course, it gives an excuse to hate the cardboard cutout evil character of Emily's great aunt, Lady Tremaine ... and for Emily to have gold guineas (her convent dowry) on her person when she accidentally steps into a stone circle and winds up in modern-day Tennessee.

Where she runs into Liam Jackson and his sister, Tinker. Liam is, of course, Irish. So, we get to learn more about Em's fetish (for lack of a better way to put it) for the black Irish specifically (for those unfamiliar with the term, it refers to those with dark hair, fair skin, and blue eyes).

You all know where this is going, right?

Sadly, so did I. On top of the formulaic "boy meets girl, boy and girl hate each other, then they fall in love and live happily ever after." Then, you need to throw in supernatural elements like pixies messing with everything.

That's this book in a nutshell. It's a well-written book, although the plot (even for a supernatural-influenced romance) was ridiculous and entirely predictable. I would give something else by this author a chance all the same.