Flesh and Blood - Patricia Cornwell
At the risk of dating myself, I need to reveal that I have been reading the Kay Scarpetta novels ever since the first one came out. That's been quite a while now.

And this one? Was something of a disappointment. Not only were there punctuation errors throughout (which is not the author's fault, but that of her editor), I actually think that Patricia Cornwell has started to dislike one of her characters.

And if that's not the case, well, she's doing a bang-up job of making it look like she's sorry she ever created Kay's niece, Lucy ... because this book has another party framing Lucy to make it look like she's the one committing a series of crimes.

This time out, it's a series of related shootings and drownings that have to do with previous cases on which Scarpetta has been the medical examiner -- shootings that look like the only person around who could possibly commit them is Lucy, due to various circumstances.

As the story unfolded, I found myself getting mad at the author and thinking "what a cheap cheat this all is."

I still enjoyed the interactions between Kay and Marino which, frankly, show more passion and caring than the relationship between Kay and her husband, Benton.

Just not the best outing in the series, in my opinion.