Reichs is back in fine form!

Bones Never Lie - Kathy Reichs

I admit it; I'm a long-time fan of Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan novels. However, I skipped a couple; the last one I read was just so humdrum that I thought Reichs was tiring of her characters. It was depressing to me, so I didn't read any for a while.

As a result, I missed some of the events referred to in this title ... but that was all right. I found myself not wanting to put the book down this time, just like in the "good old days."

This time, Tempe is asked to help investigate a series of murders that are being committed by a criminal well known to her. In a previous title, this perpetrator (Anique Pomerleau) tried to kill Tempe as well. So, when a set of crimes with a similar MO come up, Brennan is very much interested. Her long-time colleague Andrew Ryan is off mourning the death of his daughter, Lily, but she needs his additional expertise on the case ... so there is that subplot as well.

There are more twists and turns than a Coney Island roller coaster in this book, and the "whodunnit" took me by surprise ... which is always a plus.

It is always difficult for me to review thrillers without employing spoilers, so I hope it will suffice to say that the forensic science in this book is spot-on, the characters and situations interesting, and that Kathy Reichs is back in fine form with this latest book!