Murder in the Marais

Murder in the Marais  - Cara Black I discovered this series at a small bookseller's booth during the San Francisco Writers' Conference. Suffice it to say, I'll be reading all of them.This is the first book in the Aimee Leduc Investigations series. Aimee is a private detective specializing in computer crime. Her Paris-based business is on the brink of closing when Soli Hecht, representing Temple Emmanuel, asks her to look into the murder of a Jewish woman, Lili, who was found with a swastika carved into her forehead. Aimee reluctantly takes the case and is only getting started when Soli is also murdered. Throw in an important European Union trade conference happening in Paris at the same time as a bunch of Aryan nationalists are raising a stink about immigration; that's the setting for the book's action.Black creates a fascinating bunch of characters and builds a whodunnit that kept me up reading far later most nights than I planned to. Frankly, I didn't want to put the book down and cannot wait to read the rest of the series. Well done indeed!