Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting

Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting - Wayne W. Dyer I've always enjoyed watching Dr. Wayne Dyer on PBS, but I've never read any of his books. My mother sent this one to me as a holiday gift.The concept of "Wishes Fulfilled" is not the name-it-and-claim-it sort of thing, but one of putting yourself in the mindset to allow blessings. Many of us have a hard time with this. We focus on what we lack rather than on what we have. Dr. Dyer's concept here is to retrain the mind to focus on blessings, and to use what he calls "I am" meditations. He bases this practice on the name of God as given to Moses in Hebrew Scripture ("I am that I am"), using the phrase as a focus.The meditation process is well explained in the book. Dr. Dyer also shares personal anecdotes, scholarly information, and quotes from spiritual literature to help move the book along.I have been using some of the meditation techniques; it happened that I started reading this book during a time of personal challenge, and I have found them helpful.