The Litigators

The Litigators - John Grisham,  Read by Dennis Boutsikaris We have a little lending library in the office, and I jumped at the chance to listen to this audiobook when it showed up on the shelf. As a long-time Grisham fan, I looked forward to another tight courtroom drama.For the most part, I was not disappointed. The premise is that a small (really small) two-man law firm decides to throw its hat into the mass tort ring with a suit against a pharmaceutical company. They hire a third man, a disgruntled young lawyer from a large firm, figuring that they are all going to have it made. There is also a subplot involving a product safety case that pops in from time to time. As the three lawyers try to chase down class action clients, expert witnesses -- and protect their collective backsides, the action is occasionally intense.Narrator Dennis Boutsikaris did a great job in creating characters through his vocal inflections. There was plenty of variety in his acting, and his voice was pleasant to listen to.Not one of Grisham's strongest tales, which is why I knocked off a star.