Love Saves the Day

Love Saves the Day - Gwen Cooper Gwen Cooper's "Love Saves the Day" is the story of Prudence, a little brown tabby cat who is rescued in a rain storm by Sarah. When Sarah passes away, Prudence goes to live with Laura (Sarah's daughter) and her husband Josh ... who don't seem to really understand how to live with a cat.Of course, there's more to the story than meets the eye. Laura is an associate at a high-powered law firm; Josh is a successful marketing/PR rep. Like Sarah, Josh is passionate about music; Laura seems to be only passionate about her work.Throughout the course of the story we see how Laura got to that point in her life; she grew up on the Lower East Side of New York and saw a lot of poverty and want in her own life and around her. It is her growth that is really chronicled here. Told through the eyes of Prudence, Laura and Sarah, this is a story of love, resilience and compassion.I am not ashamed to admit that I spent a lot of time crying as I read the last 100 pages of this book. Ms. Cooper has created a group of characters, like the elderly Mandelbaums who function as Laura's surrogate grandparents, who feel like friends and neighbors to the reader. The story is reeled out at a good pace, and keeps your interest throughout.I cannot say enough good about this book and recommend it for animal lovers everywhere.(Review based on uncorrected advance proof.)