Ever By My Side: A Memoir in Eight [Acts] Pets

Ever By My Side: A Memoir in Eight [Acts] Pets - Nick Trout "Ever By My Side" is the second of Nick Trout's books that I have read. Trout writes not only about his veterinary practice in this volume, but also about the pets in his own life.Starting with childhood dog Patch and moving up through pets belonging to his own daughters, Trout explores the human-animal bond in the context of his own family. Amusing anecdotes about his father's obsession with James Herriott and Yorkshire abound, including how those obsessions did (or, in some cases, did not) influence Trout to become a veterinarian.Those who love pets will be sure to recognize themselves in many of the stories Trout shares, as he works to ingratiate himself with his fiancee's cat, Reggie, or as he shares his terror of childhood nemesis Marty, a toy poodle belonging to his grandmother. There are tender moments and funny moments, all written from the compassionate perspective of one who has chosen to heal our animal friends.Highly recommended.(Review based on uncorrected advance proof.)