Eat the Cookie... Buy the Shoes

Eat the Cookie... Buy the Shoes (Other Format) - Joyce Meyer Every once in a while, I find myself reading a book that is serendipitous: the message I need, at just the right time.Joyce Meyers' "Eat the Cookie ... Buy the Shoes" was just such an experience for me. Meyers writes about the importance of celebration in life, as well as the importance of discipline. The titular cookie and shoes are metaphors for learning to keep a proper balance in life.Meyers' colloquial style is enjoyable, and her advice is sound. She provides examples from her own life to explain why both discipline and celebration are important factors in life, and even the need to celebrate having discipline around a problem area. A celebration can be a nice walk in the park and does not need to be something costly at all.While Meyers writes from a Christian perspective that I do not necessarily share in its entirety, I found much encouragement and value in the pages of her latest work.(Review based on advance readers' copy.)