Smashwords Summer/Winter Promotion Analytics, 2013

His Beloved Infidel - James Courtney, Sharon E. Cathcart 2010 Hindsight: A Year of Personal Growth, In Spite of Myself - Sharon E. Cathcart The Rock Star in the Mirror (or, How David Bowie Ruined My Life) - James Courtney, Sharon E. Cathcart Through the Opera Glass - Sharon E. Cathcart You Had to Be There: Three Years of Mayhem and Bad Decisions in the Portland Music Scene - Sharon E. Cathcart

Hi, everyone. I participated in Smashwords' annual Summer/Winter Promotion for the fourth time this year.

In order to do an apples-to-apples comparison, I'll have to go back to 2010; I offered a 50-percent discount on the two titles I had available at the time, and sold a total of five copies. In 2011 and 2012, I made all of my titles free.

This year, I again offered a 50 percent discount ... which rendered some of my less expensive titles free of charge. In only two of the eight sales made this year did people take paid titles.

Here's how it fell out:

His Beloved Infidel - 1 (and the person paid full price)
2010 Hindsight: A Year of Personal Growth, In Spite of Myself - 2
The Rock Star in the Mirror - 3
Through the Opera Glass - 1
You Had to Be There: Three Years of Mayhem and Bad Decisions in the Portland Music Scene - 1 (the only other paid purchase)

I am grateful to every reader who took the time to look at my offerings and make a selection.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/4626712-smashwords-summer-winter-promotion-analytics-2013