Helping Others - French Class Edition

I'm taking a social psychology class through Wesleyan University over on Coursera. If you are a life-long learner like me, you'll want to check them out.

Anyway, in one of yesterday's lectures, I learned about Donors Choose, a website that allows members of the public to make contributions to classrooms in need. Projects range from inexpensive to costly, but all have been verified and thoroughly vetted.

As most of you know, I am a long-time Francophile. Many of my stories, including In The Eye of The Beholder: A Novel of The Phantom of the Opera, Through the Opera Glass, His Beloved Infidel, as well as the forthcoming In The Eye of The Storm and Two Days in June, take place in France. I've had a love affair with the language since junior high, where I took one year of French, and in high school, where I took two more years. I have already written about my beloved French teacher, Lois T. Sato.

Well, it was in Mademoiselle Sato's memory that I made my choice to help out Ms. Webb's classroom. She is seeking help to obtain French children's books and English/French dictionaries for her students. I believe that we can get her the rest of the way; she has a fund-matching grant from Kia if she can get half of the money. At the moment that I am writing this, there is only $120 USD needed to make her goal.

Please, take a moment to help out if you can. Maybe use the money you'd spend on one of your Franchise Coffees to make a donation.

Thanks, as always, for being such great friends and fans.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/4860197-helping-others---french-class-edition