Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr Series #6)

Where Shadows Dance: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery - C.S. Harris This is the sixth of the Sebastian St. Cyr novels, the which I am reading in order.In this outing, St. Cyr is preparing to marry Hero Jarvis. His friend, surgeon Paul Gibson, has paid Jumpin' Jack (the local "resurrection man") to bring him a body to dissect; he's been told a young man died of a heart attack. Well, it turns out that the young man is a murder victim -- so Gibson brings his friend St. Cyr into the mix.Of course, things immediately become complicated. The victim works for the Foreign Service ... and the Turkish delegation is in town for negotiations. Throw in the Canadian war of independence, Napoleon's advances on Russia and you get the political situation of the tale.Hero, of course, is doing some investigation of her own ... despite St. Cyr's warnings.This book is full of twists and turns as more murders take place. St. Cyr, of course, figures it all out -- and I was a little surprised at the "whodunnit," as I was sure it was someone else entirely.Fans of the series are sure to enjoy the book tremendously.