The Possibility Dogs: What a Handful of "Unadoptables" Taught Me About Service, Hope, and Healing - Susannah Charleson When search-and-rescue volunteer Susannah Charleson meets Robert and his psychiatric service dog, Haska, she is curious. While she's heard of assistance dogs for many conditions, this is a new one to her. Having trained search-and-rescue dogs, she wonders whether she might be able to evaluate and train a different type of service dog.And so begins Charleson's memoir, "The Possibility Dogs." She takes the readers on her journey of learning to evaluate dogs for psychiatric service (practicing on her own bunch of rescued Pomeranians) and through the process of training the unlikely-but-willing rescue dog she calls Jake Piper.Throughout the book, we also meet other assistance dog partners and learn their stories. We laugh and cry with Charleson as she tells those stories, and shares Jake's progress -- and challenges.Overall, the tale is one of both tears and triumphs. Charleson brings us into her home and shares her own story through the process.As a life-long dog lover and a former dog trainer, I can heartily recommend this book to animal lovers.(Review based on uncorrected advance proof.)