Guilt (Alex Delaware Series #28)

Guilt - Jonathan Kellerman I'm a long-time fan of Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware novels. In this latest series entry, Delaware and Detective Lieutenant Milo Sturgis are called in when an infant skeleton is unearthed during a house and yard remodel in an exclusive enclave of Los Angeles.Twenty-four hours later, more infant skeletal remains are found across town in Griffith Park -- and near them, the body of a young woman who has been shot, execution style, and left there to be found by a passing jogger.The plot involves finding out how, or whether, these incidents are related. When the young woman is identified as a quiet, religious woman whose sole sources of income seem to come from nannying jobs, Sturgis and Delaware discover that at least one more woman in the same business has gone missing in the area. There are, needless to say, numerous twists and turns before revealing whodunnit and how -- and I was surprised several times.The hardest part about reviewing a mystery is avoiding spoilers. Suffice it to say that fans of the Delaware novels are sure to be pleased with this tale, and new fans of Kellerman will find themselves enjoying the characters that we fans have loved for years. This is a solid whodunnit with plenty of procedural detail to boot.(Review based on uncorrected advance proof.)