The America's Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook

The America's Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook: A Faster, Smarter Way to Cook Everything from America's Most Trusted Test Kitchen - America's Test Kitchen This cookbook is one of the finest I've ever seen. With easy-to-follow recipes, well-documented by photographs, and excellent time-saving suggestions and variations, it is sure to be a staple in our kitchen. Those who watch "America's Test Kitchen" on PBS will be familiar with some of the concepts (like tastings of various ingredients and so on) that lead to recommendations found within the book. I especially appreciate the explanations of what led to certain decisions on "most favorable" ratings. The variations on each recipe are great as well (e.g., making chili with hominy instead of pinto beans, which renders it safe for many people who suffer gout and still allows it to be vegetarian).A particularly useful part of the book is the "quick pantry" section, which makes recommendations for ingredients to keep on-hand (e.g., stewed tomatoes, gardiniera, etc.) that can make preparation for some recipes quite a bit quicker. Highly recommended for busy people who want to do more home cooking (no recipe requires more than 45 minutes, including prep), and cooks both novice and experienced.