Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love

Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love - Agapi Stassinopoulos It is very seldom that I read a book and think "Everyone I know would both enjoy and benefit from this work." Agapi Stassinopoulos' "Unbinding the Heart" is just such a book.Stassinopoulos shares 32 short stories and one poem in this book, which is actually a memoir of sorts. She talks about a number of life lessons she learned from her Greek family (in particular her mother) and, along the way, shares ideas about reconnecting with one's true self. So many people have found that their true desires have been subsumed by familial or societal expectations that they are put on the shelf. Stassinopoulos shares simple ways to change that (while still earning a living, of course).I found the stories thought-provoking and well-written. There were times that I laughed and yes, times that I cried or came very close to doing so. Reading Stassinopoulos' book felt like having a conversation with a wise friend.Highly recommended.