Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles

Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles - Gabrielle Bernstein I will be the first one to admit that I enjoy reading self-improvement books, and that I was very excited to investigate Gabrielle Bernstein's ideas.I will also admit to being a teensy bit disappointed.In this book, Bernstein talks about her life changes and experiences as a result of her work in "A Course in Miracles." I think she tried just a bit too hard to be hip and cutesy with her own take on the work, frankly. Referring to her inner guide as ~ing wasn't so bad, but the constant puns (e.g., ~ingTervention) got a little old. I understand that Bernstein's target audience is a little younger than me, but somehow I doubt that people in need of what she's trying to get across are concerned with "cutesy."I found the segments where Bernstein talks about her own life far more interesting than the parts where she tries to be a teacher. I did pick up some good suggestions, but they were primarily to be found in quotations from the Course books.This book could have benefited from a bibliography or list of additional resources beyond Bernstein's website and Facebook page.(Review based on uncorrected advance proof.)