Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America - Barbara Ehrenreich This book irritated the hell out of me.Ordinarily, I think that Barbara Ehrenreich is spot-on. However, in this case, I think she missed the boat on some levels.In her short book about why she thinks positive thinking is wrong (based on her experience as a breast cancer survivor), Ehrenreich basically paints anyone who is grateful to have gotten through a difficult experience or disease situation -- or learned something important about themselves from it -- as delusional.While I cannot disagree that the main people prospering through "prosperity gospel" teachings are the evangelists who push it, I do take issue with the idea that having a focus on gratitude instead of anger is bad. There is nothing wrong with having a full range of appropriate emotions, but I know what kind of change has been wrought in my life since I started focusing on the blessings I have rather than the difficulties.Ehrenreich also seems to believe that those who focus on gratitude are okay with inequality and injustice, and that just does not square with the reality in which I live. Very disappointing.