The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World - Jacqueline Novogratz Acumen Fund director Jacqueline Novogratz begins her memoir by telling the story of a favorite childhood sweater that she eventually outgrows and gives to the Goodwill. Many years later, on her first trip to Rwanda, she sees a child wearing an identical sweater and discovers it was once hers - her name was written on the label inside.Using the sweater as a starting point to explain community and global interconnectedness, Novogratz relates the lessons she learned in business and leadership in working with African women to create microfinance systems that would benefit the entire community. There were many slips and errors along the way, and Novogratz is not shy about admitting where she went wrong.The book is not just about business; the stories of many entrepreneurs in the poorest communities of the world are shared here -- including stories of Rwandan genocide survivors. This is, to me, the most important part of the book. Everyone has a story, and we need to listen to one another in order to understand how truly connected we are regardless of our differences in background, education, etc.(Review based on advance uncorrected proof.)