Odd Girl Speaks Out: Girls Write about Bullies, Cliques, Popularity, and Jealousy - Rachel Simmons I truly wish this book had been written when I was still at school. Simmons has girls, both victims and bullies, write about their experiences in dealing with the natural emotions of aggression, anger and disappointment while growing up. I wish that every parent who dismisses their child being bullied with the phrase "they're just jealous" would read this as well, because Simmons explains why that attitude does nothing to help the situation. The entries from girls who were bullies were particularly enlightening, as oftentimes these girls did not see that they did anything wrong, and even had parental support for their behavior toward the "weird" or "different" girl. Concrete recommendations for dealing with bullying are interspersed throughout the book. It was a quick read, coming in at about 150 pages. May be triggering for those who had a difficult time as victims of bullies.